The information you are viewing for this event is from Sunday, Oct 7, 2018.
Please check back for updates.
12th Annual Troy Chowderfest In Troy NY
The 12th Annual Troy ChowderFest welcomes over 15,000 chowder-lovers who turn out and judge some of the best chowder in the area. Centered in Monument Square, guests purchase their tickets, explore the vendors and travel to the participating Downtown Troy restaurants distributing chowder from their establishments.
Numerous local retailers participate in the day's activities with a citywide sidewalk sale. It's a full day of fall food, live music, and family fun!
2018 Participating Restaurants & Chowders
- Bootleggers Bar + Grill - Buffalo Chicken Chowder
- Bountiful Bread - Smokey Seafood Chowder
- B-Rad's Bistro & Catering - Seafood Chowder & Martha's Vineyard Fried Clam Chowder
- Brown's Brewing Co - Reuben Chowder
- Hooked Seafood Co. - Coconut Curry Bisque & Roasted Italian Vegetable With Prosciutto
- Hudson-Chatham Winery - Hudson Chatham Seyval Blanc (white wine, corn, shrimp, seafood, and chorizo chowder)
- McGreivey's - Buffalo Chicken Chowder
- Muddaddy Flats - New England Clam Chowder & New England "Clam" Chowder (vegan)
- Plumb Restaurant & Bar - Cajun Crawfish Chowder & Oyster Chowder
- Rare Form Brewing Co - From the Farm Corn Chowder (vegetarian) & From the Farm Corn Chowder (vegan)
- Rivers Casino & Resort - Manhattan Clam Chowder
- The Ruck - Sweet Potato, Apple, and Chipotle Chowder (vegetarian and gluten free)
- Ryan's Wake - Ancho Chili Corn Chowder With Crispy Tortilla Strips & Carnitas
- The Shop - New England Clam Bake Chowder & Vegan Chicken Autumn Harvest Chowder
- Tara Kitchen (Troy) - Moroccan Harira Chowder (vegan)
- 12pm to 1pm: Mother Judge
- 1:30pm to 2:30pm: Hastey Page
- 3pm to 4pm: Mario Sevayega
DJs Around Town
- Intell Hayesfield
- DJ Session
- DJ AyO
- DJ Jennifer Haley
For the Kids
- Magic & Illusions by Jeffery Jene
- Ragliacci Rags
- Caricatures by Mark Brennan
- Pumpkin Painting With Bash Birthday Parties
- Face Painting With Jo Jo's Fabulous Faces
Parking in the Central Business District is limited to two (2) hours from 9:00am-5:00pm and four (4) hours in the areas designated by metered pay stations. There are also approximately 1,000 parking spots in the City’s 7 parking garages located on Fifth Avenue & Broadway, First Street next to the YWCA, Congress Street & Fifth Avenue, Front Street behind The Arts Center, State & River Streets, and River Street next to the Green Island Bridge. Parking is free on nights and weekends in City of Troy parking garages and lots.
You can find a map of available parking lots at troyny.gov/municipal-lots-garages.
Absolutely NO alcoholic beverages, coolers, backpacks, bags, containers, packages, thermoses, cups, bottles, cans, flasks, glass containers of any kind; animals or pets* allowed at the event; Security personnel reserve the right to inspect any bag, container or package and confiscate any prohibited or illegal items. (*Excludes ADA-defined service animals. Ground rules are subject to change without notice; Exceptions made for medical or child care reasons - may be addressed individually)
All attendees should be prepared to present age identification at any time and wear BID-provided identifying bracelet at all times within event grounds if they intend to consume alcohol. Any attendee caught by security personnel consuming alcohol without a bracelet will be escorted out of the event area.