2018 Fidelis Care Holiday Parade in Downtown Schenectady
Come and enjoy the largest evening parade in the Northeast! A holiday delight for every child, and the child in everyone!
The Annual Schenectady Holiday Parade will be held on November 17, 2018, at 5pm. This is the 50th anniversary of the Capital Region tradition. The City of Schenectady, the Daily Gazette, Fidelis Care and several sponsors come together for this wonderful occasion.
This event is treasured by tens of thousands of Capital Region residents who look forward to the parade every holiday season. The parade has been recognized as the largest nighttime parade held in the northeast and expected attendance is over 10,000 people.
The parade starts at Schenectady County Community College and will finish on Franklin Street.
The theme for this year is "Golden Anniversary 1968 - 2018." Shine, sparkle, and light the way into the Holiday Season with this parade. It's a great time for you and your family. Come celebrate with us!
Pre-Parade Street Festival
This year, there will be a Pre-Parade Street Festival that will start at 2pm and go until 5pm when the parade starts. The festival will take place on Jay Street and in front of Schenectady City Hall. Come out for festivities before the parade to enjoy face painters, balloon artists, live music, food vnedors, crafters, area businesses, and more.
At 3:30pm and 4pm the Schenectady Police Department will be closing many downtown streets including, but not limited to the major following streets (intersecting streets will also be affected):
- State Street (Nott Terrace to Broadway): 3pm
- State Street (Broadway to the end of Western Gateway Bridge on the Scotia side): 4pm
- Western Gateway Bridge (closed in both directions): 4pm
- Erie Boulevard (State Street to Liberty Street): 4pm
- Broadway (Liberty Street to Hamilton Street): 4pm
- Lafayette Street (Liberty Street to State Street): 4pm
- Clinton Street (Smith to State Street): 4pm
- 1-890 Washington Avenue exits will be closed (4C Westbound, Rice Road Eastbound): 4pm
- Church Street (Argyle Place to Liberty Street): 4pm
Free public parking for spectators will be available at:
- Broadway Garage
- Broadway Surface lot
- Broadway and Franklin Street
- Amtrak lot (Erie Boulevard and Liberty Street)
- Erie Boulevard and Liberty Street North
- City lot located between Liberty and Franklin Street
Participate in or Support the Parade
Interested in sponsoring or participating in the parade? Contact Kaci Palleschi, Events Manager of The Daily Gazette, at 518.395.3045 or at [email protected]