Enjoy Events & Activities at Clifton Park's 2022 Winterfest Celebration
This year, the annual Clifton Park Winterfest will be held on Saturday, February 12, 2022. Join the Town of Clifton Park for a day of winter fun and excitement with the whole family!
2022 Schedule of Events:
Editor's Note (10/11/2021): Please note that the 2022 Winterfest schedule has not been released yet. However, you can read about the 2021 Winterfest below for an idea of what typically happens at this popular winter event. Check back for more info as the event nears!
The Town of Clifton Park has planned a full schedule of events and activities that will take place throughout the local community. Please note that the schedule is subject to change, and some outdoor activities are weather dependent.
Winter PARKaPALOOZA (New for 2021)
Discover special activities at numerous parks in Clifton Park, including:
- Clifton Common (11:00am-4:00pm):
- Gourmet S'mores Station sponsored by To Love a Child
- Gourmet Coffee Station and Snowman Craft Kit sponsored by Twin Bridges Rotary
- Craft and Snow Games sponsored by CAPteen
- Kid's Safari Station sponsored by To Love a Child
- Dwaas Kill Nature Preserve (11:00am and 2:00pm hikes):
- Orienteering sponsored by resident Ryan Haug, Eagle Scou
- Kinns Road Park (11:00am-2:00pm):
- Cups and Pups sponsored by Girl Scout Service Unit 208
- Hot chocolate and dog treats
- Veterans Memorial Park (11:00am-2:00pm):
- Scavenger Hunt sponsored by Starpoint Church
- Hot chocolate and popcorn
- Vischer Ferry Nature & Historic Preserve (11:00am-2:00pm, Whipple Bridge entrance):
- Winter Animal Tracks Self-Guided Hike sponsored by resident & nature instructor, Kelsey Clark
Winter Nature Story Walk
Come and experience being outside in a new way - a self-guided Nature Story Walk! Explore the winter trails at three parks and read a book at the same time! Come any time at your convenience. Walk the specially marked trail. Read the book with its separate pages displayed and posted along the trail.
- Vischer Ferry Nature and Historic Preserve: Over and Under the Snow by Kate Messner - (Whipple Bridge entrance)
- Hayes Nature Park: A Loud Winter's Nap by Katy Hudson - 231 Moe Road
- Veterans Memorial Park: The Snowy Nap by Jan Brett
Activities at Riverview Orchards
- 10:00am-4:00pm - Enjoy free snow tubing on the farm (bring your own or borrow one at the property)
- 10:00am-4:00pm - Free craft kits available to pick up and do at home
- 11:00am-4:00pm - S'mores at the bonfire ($1)
- 11:30am-2:00pm - Goodies to go, including chili, chowder, hot cider, donuts, or a pie
Winter Outhouse Races
The Shenendehowa Rotary Club will present winter outhouse races at Clifton Common. Registration will begin at 12:00pm, and the races will start at 1:00pm. Proceeds will benefit local programs, and there will be monetary prizes.
Join the Shen Nordic Club for cross-country ski races for kids. The event will be held at Garnsey Park, and registration will start at 9:30am. There will be four age groups between lollypoppers and 13-year-olds.
Introduction to Ice Fishing
Meet at the Barney Road Pond by the dock off of Valencia Lane for an introduction to ice fishing event from 10:00am-12:00pm. See the equipment used by ice fishermen and learn about the popular winter activity.
Vischer Ferry General Store
From 11:00am-3:00pm, visit the Vischer Ferry General Store for snow games, kids crafts, a campfire, and a Rollin' Smoke Handcrafted BBQ Food Truck.
Food Trucks at Clifton Common
Enjoy lunch and dinner at the food trucks at Clifton Common from 11:00am-3:00pm! Participants will include Curvy Girls Food Truck and Catering, Mazz's Famous Snacks, and The Mac Factor.
For more info, visit the Town of Clifton Park's website.