The information you are viewing for this event is from Wednesday, Sep 21, 2022.
Please check back for updates.
Saratoga Peace Week
When and where
Date and time
About this event
Saratoga Springs Peace Week 2022 will bring free music, art workshops, storytellers, yoga, educational programs, labyrinth walks, Drag Gospel Singers, and much, much more to Saratoga. There will be events for people of all ages and interests. Calender of events at event website.
This is the 11th year for Peace Week, organized by the Presbyterian-New England Congregational Church in partnership with many organizations - Caffe Lena, the Public Library, C.R.E.A.T.E Community Studios, The Children's Museum, and the Saratoga Immigration Coalition.
See https://www.pnecchurch.org/peaceweek for all details.
2022 Peace Week Schedule:
- Sat, Sept 17, 10am-4pm, Art in the Park. Visit C.R.E.A.T.E. Community Studios tent in Congress Park. All are welcome to paint their vision of peace. Art will be displayed in town during Peace Week.
- Wed, Sept 21, 7-9 pm, Refugee Resettlement in the Saratoga Region: What's Happening and How to Help. Music Hall, 3rd floor of City Hall. Sponsored by Saratoga Immigration Coalition.
- Thurs, Sept 22, 6-7pm, Outside Interfaith Service: Celebration of the Fall Equinox led by Rev. Kathy Johnson, Interfaith-Interspiritual minister. Interfaith Garden behind Sanctuary at PNECC
- Thurs, Sept 22, 7-9 pm, We Remember: Songs of Survivors. Presenting the songwriters who partnered with Holocaust survivors to turn their life experiences into powerful music. Tickets available at www.caffelena.org
- Fri, Sept 23, 9:30am & 1:30pm, Children's Storytime & Craft. Kindness rocks! Saratoga Children's Museum. (Free with paid admission.) 65 S Broadway
- Fri, Sept 23, 10am & 5:30pm, Contemplative Labyrinth Walk led by Rachel Magnell, Spiritual Director. Limited space. Register by Sept 18th. Details upon registering Elizbeth1226@yahoo.com
- Sat, Sept 24, 10am, Yoga in the Park. All levels. High Rock Park by Peace Pole. (BYO mat or towel)
- Sat, Sept 24, 11am, Storyteller, Christie Keegan performing Tales of Peace for children 4-10 years. Craft activity with C.R.E.A.T.E Community Studios to follow. Saratoga Public Library
- Sat, Sept 24, 1-2pm, Brandtville Boogie! Join local author Carol Daggs of Saratoga Reads Saratoga Soul Brandtville Blues, in a 1-mile walking tour of Brandtiville, a historically African American rural farming community that dates back to the 1800's. The tour starts and ends at 29 Doten Ave. Visit saratogasoulbook.com to order her book in advance. Register for free tour Elizbeth1226@yahoo.com
- Sat, Sept 24, 1pm, Rotary Peace Park Dedication. Town of Ballston Community Library, Burnt Hills. Music,exhibits, information on Rotary Peace Institute, fun & more. Sponsored by BH-BL Rotary Club.
- Sat, Sept 24, Bold Visions of a Peaceful Future. Online global event allows peacebuilders everywhere to meet with world-renowned peace ambassadors offering their visions for a peaceful future. For more info and to register visit https://oneplanetpeaceforum.org/overview-2022/
- Sat, Sept 24, 7:30pm, Drag Gospel Festival is a radically welcoming celebration of creativity, spiritual vitality, and individual self-expression, through the art of drag, gospel music at PNECC
- Sun, Sept 25, 1pm, Music in the Park. Featuring the River Mountain Tai Ko Drummers, Free Stewarts Ice Cream Sundaes, and more! (Rain location, PNECC 24 Circular St.)
- Sun, Sept 25, 3-5pm, Art on Broadway. Local musicians and Art Walk sponsored by C.R.E.A.T.E. Community Studios. View art created by community with themes of Peace and Anti-Racism.
- Sun, Sept 25, 5-8pm, Frederick Allen Fundraiser. Relax with friends or get up and dance to Jacksland, a soulful/swingy pop duo! Enjoy hors d'oeuvres, soft drinks, and cash bar. Suggested donation, $20 for adults, $10 for children. (Free to lodge members.) 69 Beekman St.
- Mon, Sept 26, 1pm, Zen Tangle with Katie Long. American method for drawing, which not only promotes concentration and creativity but at the same time increases personal well-being. All adults welcome. Saratoga Senior Center, 5 Williams St.
- Tues, Sept 27, 7pm, Zen Tangle with Katie Long. (See description above) Grades 6-12. Saratoga Springs Public Library.
Event times and information subject to change and not guaranteed.