40th Annual Freihofer's Run For Women 2018 In Albany, NY
40th Annual Freihofer's Run for Women 2018
One of the world's largest all-women road races!
The 40th Annual Freihofer's Run for Women will take place on June 2, 2018. Thousands of women of all ages (and running abilities) will compete in this 5K event.
This year's edition will take place in the shadow of the New York State Capitol and City Hall in the heart of downtown Albany. The course for the 5K starts near Albany City Hall, heads up Washington Avenue, winds through Washington Park, and then returns back on Washington to finish near the start.
In addition to the Women's 5K, the weekend events include a Health & Fitness Expo and a Kids Run series including the Freihofer's Junior 5K.
Participants are encouraged to pick up their race bib, cookies, and bread at the Freihofer's Run for Women Health and Fitness Expo on Thursday, May 31 from 4pm to 8pm at The Armory at Sage College. Browse health and fitness exhibitors, find clinics and classes, and get great deals on fitness gear. This fun, no-admission event is open to the public. The Expo will also be open on Friday, June 1 from 12 noon - 7pm.
It's not just a competition. It's a celebration of women, family, fitness, and fun! Come experience the thrill of a lifetime at the Freihofer's Run for Women in Albany on June 2 at 9am. Last year over 3,200 women participated!
- First 500 registrants: $25
- Registered by 04/15/18: $30
- Registered by 05/27/18: $35
- Registered by 05/30/18: $40
- Last chance registration 06/01/18: $45
The Junior 5K has a registration of $15, and the Kids Run is free.
- 9am to 10am: Women's 5K Fitness Run
- 11am: Junior 3K Run for ages 9 to 14
- 11am: Kids Run for ages 3 to 11
The Awards Ceremony will follow on the main stage at East Capitol Park.
Running tends to be an individual sport, however, Freihofer's Run for Women offers individuals the unique opportunity to run as a member of a team. Growing in popularity, last year over 300 teams entered. Share the fun and camaraderie!
Each participant may only register as part of one team.
Team categories include:
- Mother/Daughter (consisting of two team members)
- Sister/Sister (consisting of two team members)
- Grandmother/Mother/Daughter (consisting of three team members)
- High School Teams (consisting of five team members)
- USATF Club Teams (consisting of five team members)*
- Family & Friends (consisting of five team members)
- Corporate teams (consisting of five team members)**
*In order to qualify for USATF Club Team Prize Money (this is not related to Freihofer's Corporate Cup), you must be a member of a club team that is currently registered and in good standing with USA Track & Field.
**Corporate teams are open to employees within businesses, corporations, nonprofits, government organizations, and academic institutions.
Funk Evolution will be performing from 10:15am to 11am, and then again from 11:30am to 1:30pm on the main stage. Band of Gold will also be performing. Stick around after the races!
Strollers and dogs are not allowed.