The information you are viewing for this event is from Monday, Mar 4, 2019.
Please check back for updates.
Empire ''Skate'' Plaza - Part of Winter at the Plaza
Now in its 8th year, the tremendously popular Empire State Plaza Ice Rink is open daily from Noon - 8:00 p.m. (closed for maintenance from 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.) and skating is free. Located in the shadow of Albany's majestic State Capitol, amenities include lockers, skate rentals, and refreshments.
Rentals are available whenever the rink is open and cost $3 for children 12 and under and $4 for adults. A photo ID is required to rent skates. Every Saturday is Free Skate Rental Day courtesy of Hannaford Supermarkets. The 2018-19 season will feature an assorted line-up of special events including instructional clinics!
*Note: The Ice Rink will remain open until March 17, 2019, weather permitting.
Calendar of Ice Rink Events (subject to change):
- EVERY SATURDAY – Hannaford Free Rental Saturday
- January 5 – Learn To Skate Clinic (10am-12pm)
- February 2 – Learn To Skate Clinic (10am-12pm)
- March 2 – Learn To Skate Clinic (10am-12pm)
- I-87 south to I-90 east: I-787 south to Empire State Plaza exit
- I-87 south to exit 23: I-787 north to Empire State Plaza exit
- I-90 west to I-787: south to Empire State Plaza exit
- I-90 east to I-787: south to Empire State Plaza exit