Congratulations, Clifton Park!
In an article recently published by Buffalo Business First, Clifton Park was ranked #1 Most Affluent Town in the Albany area, which includes the counties of Albany, Columbia, Fulton, Greene, Hamilton, Montgomery, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, Warren, and Washington. With a population of 37,001, Clifton Park holds a median household income of $97,000 and an affluence score of 266.28 points.
This impressive score also places Clifton Park as #4 on the list of most affluent towns in all of Upstate, NY!
This ranking is based on the following categories:
- Median household income
- Percentages of households with incomes of $150,000+
- Percentages of households with interest, dividends, or net rental income
- Poverty rate
- 75th percentile house value
- Per capita income
- Median house value
- Percentage of housing units with 9+ rooms
- Percentage of workers earning more than $100,000
- Percentage of adults with bachelor’s degrees
- Percentage of adults with advanced degrees
- Percentage of workers with management, business, science or art-related jobs
Other local honorable mentions on the list include Saratoga, Ballston, Niskayuna, and Malta.