It’s almost the weekend! If you’re looking for fun things to do in the Clifton Park and surrounding areas, check out our top picks!
Photo Courtesy of Downtown Schenectady Improvement Corporation
- Learn about the art and life of Jan Balet, a German/American artist who escaped Hitler’s army and emigrated to the U.S. in 1938. All are welcome to attend this Friday Morning Free-for-all at the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Public Library.
- Head over to Ravenswood on Friday night to grab a drink and enjoy the sounds of Dan Sherwin!
- The Rich Clements Duo will perform live at The Rusty Nail on Friday evening!
- Don’t miss HYP3 Fest at Upstate Concert Hall featuring DJ TGIF, DJ Tek and more!
- The Two Towns One Book Season 5 Kickoff will be held at the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Library on Saturday afternoon. The 2016 winning book is The Martian by Andy Weir. Registration is recommended!
- The Tempest Wind Quintet will present a concert ranging from Baroque to contemporary on Sunday afternoon at the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Library.
- One of the area’s most popular bands, the NY Players, will play at Nanola in Ballston Spa on Friday evening.
- What could be better than wine and pilates? RAW Fitness and Halfmoon Cellars Winery are teaming up for a pilates class followed by a wine tasting. Only 11 spots are available, sign up today.
- The 5th Annual Chili Bowl Fundraiser will take place during the afternoon from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM at the Saratoga Clay Arts Center. Vote for the best chili, take home a handcrafted bowl and support To Life!
- Ever wanted to learn how to cook Indian food? You can on Sunday! Join Serendipity Arts Studio as they host a cooking class featuring Indian favorites such as Chicken Tikka Masala.
- Come on down to Downtown Troy for this month’s Sage Themed Troy Night Out! Enjoy specials and deals at a variety of eateries and boutiques throughout Collar City.
- Emmy-nominated actor Rob Schneider, well known for his trademark blend of character and comedic acting, will be at the Funny Bone on Friday evening at 7:30 PM and 10:00 PM. Get your tickets before they sell out!
- What’s better than soup on a cold Saturday afternoon? Restaurants in Downtown Schenectady will open their doors to serve a variety of hot soups at the Schenectady Soup Stroll. Samples are $1!
- The Capital Roots 19th Annual Garden Bowl will take place at Uncle Sam Lanes in Troy on Saturday. Whether you throw gutter balls or bowl a perfect 300, you’re welcome to join the fun!
- Join the Albany Institute of History & Art for a relay-style, gallery talk marathon on the 125th anniversary of the opening of Ankhefenmut’s tomb! Learn more about ancient Egyptian priests and priestesses, coffins and burial rituals at this Mummy Marathon!
Looking for more things to do in the Capital Region? Check out the full list of events!