Looking for fun events to fill your schedule this weekend? We’ve rounded up our favorite local and regional happenings from comic workshops to live music and everything in between! Check it out:
Fun For All Ages
All Weekend Long
- Watch Annie! under the stars for free at Sage in Albany on Friday. Round up the family, grab a blanket and enjoy the movie on a warm, summer evening.
- Have your child learn to make their own comics and create a cartoon with professional artist Ira Marcks! This free, three-hour workshop is sure to be a fun afternoon at the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Library. Registration is open!
- Art in the Park is taking place in Saratoga’s Congress park all day long! There will be an Art Zone, live music and more. Don’t miss this fun, art-filled event!
- Head to The Joe in Troy for Star Wars Night and catch an exciting game between the Tri-City ValleyCats and the Aberdeen IronBirds. Be sure to stay after the game to watch the fireworks!
- Upswift presents Women in Film: Beyond Iconic at The Linda in Albany on Saturday evening. Dennis Stock will present his famous collection of photographs from the Golden Age of Hollywood, the jazz age and the 1960’s through his exploration of architecture, landscapes and nature.
- Don’t miss the classic All Balanchine repertoire that will grace SPAC’s stage on Saturday night. Bid adieu to the New York City Ballet until next summer’s season!
- UpBeat on the Roof at the Tang in Saratoga will feature Decoda Music, pictured above. Decoda is a New York City based chamber ensemble comprised of virtuoso musicians, entrepreneurs and advocates for the arts. Their summer intensive at Skidmore, now in its second year, offers young musicians multiple performance opportunities and occasions for meaningful community engagement.
- Royal Blood and Northern Faces are performing live at Upstate Concert Hall. Don’t miss it!
- What’s better than outdoor music? Check out Triskele at Freedom Park in Scotia on Saturday evening.