Looking for things to do in and around the Clifton Park area this weekend? From family fun nights to gala soirées in Saratoga, we’ve picked out our favorite events going on to cap off the week.
Festivals, Fairs & Parties
- Schenectady County’s always popular summer event, SummerNight, is a free community festival that includes a variety of family-friendly entertainers, live music and fireworks! Don’t miss out on this fantastic evening in downtown Schenectady.
- The New York City Ballet Gala Lawn Party will take place on Saturday, July 11 starting at 5:30 PM. The theme this year is 1930’s Art Deco! There will be a world-class performance by the NYCB, live music by Soul Session, dancing and fireworks! Get your tickets today before they sell out.
- The 8th Annual Troy Pig Out is happening on Saturday at Riverfront Park in downtown Troy. Who can say no to a day filled with music, chef demonstrations and of course, the best BBQ around?
- Frances Day at The Tang in Saratoga will celebrate the honor of the museum’s namesake, Frances Young Tang. Admission is free so that everyone can explore the museum through tours, art-making, music and more. If you’ve never been to The Tang, now is the chance!
- Head to Family Film Friday featuring Finding Nemo at the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Library on Friday night. This free event is perfect for a summer evening out with the family.
- Head to Double M to catch the rodeo on Friday night! The show starts at 8:00 PM and kids ages five to twelve get in for only $5.
- Grab the kids and have fun with the whole family at GE Kids Day at the Plaza in Albany on Saturday! This “kid-centric” outdoor event will feature a special interactive sing-a-long with everyone’s favorite purple dinosaur, Barney, dancing, face painting, rides and more!
- Round up the whole family and explore Saratoga’s most beautiful gardens at the 21st Annual Secret Garden Tour on Sunday. The day will feature a variety of gardens plus an exclusive insider’s tour of Congress Park to celebrate the city’s 100th anniversary. Get your tickets today!
- UpBeat on the Roof is featuring Bryan Thomas, an Albany-based soul rock artist on the rooftop of the Tang Museum in Saratoga starting at 7:00 PM.
- New England’s best 80’s tribute band, Aquanett, returns to Vapor in Saratoga on Friday starting at 8:00 PM
- Grab a lawn chair and head to Freedom Park in Scotia for a free concert by Alex Torres & His Latin Orchestra!
- “Weird Al” Yankovic will perform at The Palace Theatre in Albany on Saturday! Hear classics such as “Amish Paradise,” “Perform This Way” and more!
- Don’t miss Sirsy as part of the Performing Arts at the Common Series. Commonly referred to as a little band with big sound, you will not want to miss this fun performance!
- The Dazed and Confused Tour is stopping at Upstate Concert Hall on Sunday featuring Jake Miller, Jasmine V and Alex Angelo. Don’t miss out on what’s sure to be a stand out performance!
- Enjoy a game of polo! The Adirondack Trust Celebrate Saratoga Cup will be played on the historic Whitney Field on Friday evening. There will also be an Equestrian Exhibition at 4:30 PM that includes jumping and dressage.