It’s officially summer in Clifton Park! With the sunshine also comes an increase of fun activities in and around the area. Overwhelmed by all the great stuff to do? Don’t be! We’ve picked out our favorite events happening in and around the Clifton Park area.
Family Fun, Festivals & Fairs
Saturday and Sunday
- Whether you’re an expert or a beginner, anyone can fish in New York State waters without a fishing license this Friday and Saturday. Take advantage of summer weather, gather your family and friends and spend the day out on the water during Free Fishing Days!
- You will not want to miss Freihofer’s Jazz Festival on Saturday and Sunday this weekend at SPAC! Over 20 world class jazz artists will be taking the stage all weekend long. Buy your tickets today!
- The Round Lake Antiques Festival is taking place for its 43rd year! The festival is open rain or shine Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. There will be 120 vendors selling antiques of all kinds!
- Take a short drive to downtown Troy for this month’s Red White & Blue themed Troy Night Out! From 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm stores, vendors and restaurants will all feature special deals and activities that go along with this month’s theme.
- The famous Jumpin’ Jacks fireworks display is also taking place on Friday evening starting at 7:00 pm. Grab a delicious bite to eat, sit back and enjoy the show! The U.S. Water Ski Show Team will perform on the Mohawk at 7:00 pm with the Snook Bros Band starting at 8:00 pm.
- Who can say no to baseball, BBQ and free admission for kids? It’s Texas Night and GE Kids in Free at the Tri-City ValleyCats game on Saturday evening! Courtesy of GE, children 12 and under get in free with a paying adult. Please note that tickets for Kids in Free must be purchased over the phone or at the Box Office.
- This free event is for the whole family! The Superhero Summer Kickoff is going on on Saturday from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm at the Saratoga Springs Public Library. There will be comic artists, a special keynote speaker and superhero cosplayers! Be sure to sign up for the kids, teen or adult Superhero Summer Reading Programs while you’re there.
- Ballston Spa’s 22nd Annual Family Fun Day is taking place on Sunday from 3:00 pm to 10:00 pm at the Saratoga County Fairgrounds. There will be a bouncy-bounce, giveaways, delicious food and fireworks after the sun sets!
- TS Ensemble will be at The Mill on Round Lake on Friday evening from 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm!
- The Orchard Project presents celebrated star of theatre, film and television, Alan Cumming at the Universal Preservation Hall. Get your tickets today to see this one-night only concert!
- Do not miss Garland Jeffreys & Band performing at The Linda on Saturday evening at 8:00 pm. Noted as the sound of New York, this confessional singer-songerwriter is not a musician you’ll want to miss playing live.
- Flux Pavilion, a dubstep pioneer will be at Upstate Concert Hall on Saturday. Get ready to dance all night long, this artist is known for his chart topping electronic beats.
- Performing Arts at the Common presents the Clifton Park Community Chorus on Sunday evening at 7:00 pm. This energetic, fun-loving group will sing seasonal songs to show tunes.
- The Legendary Characters will be performing at Freedom Park for free on Sunday evening starting at 7:00 pm.
For the Foodies
- Shmaltz Brewing Company is hosting its 2nd Anniversary Party that will feature two beer fests in one, delicious food from The Ruck and Esperantos, and music by Sirsy!
- Join the Schoharie Area Long Term Recovery for their 3rd Annual Bounty of the County dinner on Saturday night featuring Executive Chef at New World Bistro Bar, Tyler DeGroff. There will be local food, beer, wine and an exciting silent auction! Get your tickets today.
- This may be the most fun 5K race we’ve ever heard of! The Move and Groove 5K will be a day of running, dancing and fun! Start the day with some Zumba and a run through the beautiful State Park on Sunday morning.
We hope to see you over the weekend at one of these great events! See the complete list of events taking place in and around Clifton Park.