Fall is here and that means school has started for many of your little ones. But for those families looking for daycare options, the search can often be difficult, yearning for that perfect facility – safe, nurturing, and educational.
- What is the experience and education of the Director?
- What it the experience and education of the Teachers?
- Has the Center ever been in violation of state regulations?
- Do you have security cameras that record what is happening in the center or cameras that allow a Director to observe?
- Can I, the parent, observe the classroom? If yes, can I view the room remotely over the internet and how is it secured?
- What is your overall level of security?
- What is your attrition rate? How many families leave before their child is going into kindergarden?
- What is your employee turnover rate?
- What is your sick and vacation policy (when the child is sick or family takes a vacation)?
- How do you discipline children?
There are many important things to consider when making the tough decision of who will care for your child. In addition to these 10 questions to ask your daycare provider, add any that are important to you and your family when making this crucial decision.