Looking for something to do this weekend in the Capital Region? We’ve rounded up our top picks for things to do from Albany up to Saratoga. Check it out:
All Weekend Long
- The ice rink at Empire State Plaza will be open daily this weekend from 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM! Enjoy rentals, free skating, a snack bar and more. Make sure to bundle up!
- MopCo will kick off the 2016 season at Proctors in their favorite format: Theatresports! Theatresports combines all the fun and creativity of improv with the excitement of a sporting events. Teams of improvisers will compete for your approval by making up scenes, songs and stories based on your suggestions.
- Head to the Times Union Center for the Albany Devils game on Saturday for LGBTQ night! After the game, stick around to watch the Albany Bombers Gay Hockey Association and the Boston Pride Hockey-Boston Lobsters face off on the ice.
- The Albany Symphony Orchestra will perform at the Palace Theatre on Saturday evening. Get your tickets today!
- The model trains are back at miSci! Explore the intricate 19 by 27 foot display of running O Gauge trains, science toys and more.
- The Saratoga Winery will host their classic Friday night party with live music by local legend, Rich Ortiz! There will also be dinner paired with their handcrafted wines or a wide selection of local craft beer. No cover charge!
- Hungry for warm, hearty food? Head over to Spa City Trifecta’s Ribbon Cutting Celebration on Friday from 3:30 PM to 9:00 PM! Enjoy house-ground burgers, authentic BBQ with classic comfort food sides, along with steaming bowls of ramen.
- Ever wonder what’s its like to be a psychic? You can learn this Saturday cozied up at Longfellow’s Restaurant! Enjoy the afternoon with a lively and informative class discussion, group exercises and learning how to challenge your own intuition. There will be a light lunch and refreshments available.
- Head over to Carson’s Woodside Tavern on Saturday night and enjoy the sounds of Justin Joyner from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM.
- Swing by Northshire Bookstore on Sunday afternoon for a reading, discussion and signing with author Peter Golden. He will read excerpts from his novel “Comeback Love,” a panoramic tale of twentieth-century America, chronicling a love affair between a Jewish immigrant and the granddaughter of a slave.
Looking for more weekend fun? Check out all the happenings in the Capital Region!