Looking for fun things to do this weekend to get you in the holiday spirit? We’ve rounded up our top picks in and around the Clifton Park area — check them out!
- Join Jenette Goodman of Garden Gate Florist as she demonstrates ways to decorate with evergreens for the winter holidays at the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Public Library. All are invited and no registration is required!
- Families with children are invited to celebrate the season of sweet things at the Library. Join local performer and educator Diane Payette for a reading of The Polar Express, make your own candy houses and help create a candy version of the library.
- You can not go wrong spending an evening enjoying the Christmas tale of It’s A Wonderful Life! A talented cast of high school students will bring this beloved story to life on Saturday evening. Tickets can be purchased at the door.
- Boscov’s at Clifton Park Center Mall is hosting Menorahs, Mittens & More! There will be face painting, music, latkes and more surprises.
All Weekend Long
- Visit beautifully decorated trees in the YWCA and the Schenectady County Historical Society at the 9th Annual Schenectady Festival of Trees. Last year, over 1,000 people visited the display of holiday trees & houses prepared by community groups and businesses! Stop in for a visit on Friday, Saturday or Sunday!
- An Albany holiday tradition! The always popular Holiday Lights in the Park are lit up and ready for you to drive through. Check out more than 125 illuminated displays and be sure to stop in the Washington Park Bakehouse for refreshments, crafts and lots of surprises!
- The ice rink at Empire State Plaza opens for the season on Friday, December 4th! Located in the shadow of Albany’s majestic State Capitol, amenities include a full-service snack bar and a skate lounge with lockers and music. Skating is free and rentals for children are $3 and $4 for adults.
All Weekend Long
- It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas at the Saratoga Festival of Trees! Don’t miss the awe inspiring holiday festival happening all weekend long at the Saratoga Springs City Center. Walk amid over 250 beautifully twinkling trees, wreaths and other holiday items on display for visitors to purchase or simply admire!
- It’s time for restaurant week! The 11th Annual Saratoga County Winter Restaurant Week kicks off this Friday. Grab a three course dinner all weekend long at some of Saratoga’s most delicious eateries.
- This month’s ArtsFestFriday presents “Holidays at Home Made Theater,” a free, multi-genre, multigenerational arts and entertainment event inspired by Home Made Theater’s winter production of “Miracle on 34th Street.” This family-friendly evening will include behind-the-scenes theater tours, a wishes-for-the-world letter-writing campaign, dress-up and other activities for kids and a mini movie theater highlighting the original “Miracle on 34th Street” film.
Looking for more weekend fun? Check out the full list of Capital Region happenings!