Looking for fantastic events to fill up your weekend schedule in and near Clifton Park? In addition to the always fun Opening Weekend in Saratoga, we’ve rounded up our top picks of what’s going on!
Fairs and Festivals
- The 174th Saratoga County Fair is going on all weekend! Don’t miss one of the country’s oldest fairs filled with delicious food, live music and great contests.
- The 2015 Great American Irish Festival is taking place at the Herkimer County Fairgrounds. All ages will enjoy live music, bagpipe bands and more!
- Cold beer and baseball – a combo that can’t be beat! The Sixth Annual Capital Region Craft Brewers Festival will take place at The Joe in Troy on Saturday. This fun-filled event will give visitors the chance to taste a huge selection of beer from over 30 brewers!
- The highlight of the summer in Saratoga: Opening Day at the Saratoga Race Course! Head to the track and celebrate the start of racing season. Gates open at 11:00 AM and the first race is at 1:00 PM.
- Taste NY: Craft Beer will be at the track on Friday! Taste numerous craft beers produced exclusively by New York State breweries.
- Dress to impress at the track on Saturday, it’s Fashion Saturday! Local fashion retailers and spas will be highlighted and prizes for the best dressed man and woman will be awarded.
- Taste NY: Food & Artisans will be at the track. Try delicious foods from up to 19 food and artisan vendors!
- Get out your best hat on Sunday for the 24th Annual Hat Contest. This popular contest invites track goers to compete for prizes in specific categories with the most creative, over-the-top hats you have ever seen!
- The first giveaway of the season is also on Sunday! The Saratoga Race Course is giving away a free Saratoga baseball cap with each paid admission to the races.
Food & Wine
- Paint, sip and eat at Canvas Corks & Forks in Schenectady! As always, a free mac ‘n cheese bar is included with every class.
- Prepare Tuscan style dishes at The Cooking School in Latham on Saturday night! The class includes delicacies such as tuscan white bean soup, herb crusted rib-eye and bombolinis. Register today!
- Saratoga Shakespeare will perform “Love’s Labours Lost” in Congress Park at 6:00 PM. This playful and funny production reimagines Shakespeare’s classic comedy in Ragtime era Saratoga.
- It’s musical time at Performing Arts at The Common! See Anything Goes performed by Clifton Park’s Not So Common Players.
- “The Merry Wives of Windsor” will be performed by ADK Shakespeare at the National Museum of Dance on Sunday at 3:00 PM. A flurry of clowns, funny accents and fairies all make this play an unforgettable romp around Windsor!
- Hats Off to Saratoga is a weekend festival celebrating opening weekend! All performances are free and open to the public. Check out the line-up!
- Don’t miss Cold War Kids and special guests at Upstate Concert Hall on Friday!
- Sean Lyons will perform at The Rusty Nail on Friday night!
- Come see Virgil Cain on the back patio of Gaffney’s! You won’t want to miss their performance.
- Only a short drive away in Scotia, Freedom Park presents the Stockade Kids!