There is lots of fun to be had in the Capital Region this weekend. Take a look at our weekend roundup — there will surely will be something that catches your eye!
Food, Wine & Live Music
- Do food trucks, music and a beautiful park interest you? If the answer is yes, head to the Fork in the Road Food Truck Festival this Friday, June 5th from 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. at Tricentennial Park! Enjoy delicious food while music from the 1950s and 60s fills the air. The festival is in conjunction with 1st Friday Albany so swing by the Albany Center Gallery after you eat and take a peek at the beautiful artwork!
- Enjoy live music and a light dinner at The Saratoga Winery and Tasting Room this Saturday June 6th starting at 3 pm! The band UBUNTU will be performing from 3-6 pm. Wine and beer tastings, cheese and chocolate pairings, plus MORE will also be offered at this fun and relaxing event!
- Join Graham Alexander and his band at The Linda this Saturday, June 6th, at 8:00 PM to celebrate the release of their critically-heralded sophomore album, Repeat Deceiver. Tickets are just $15 and ticket holders are also invited to a meet and greet with Graham and his band after the performance!
- Have you ever wanted to sip wine and paint a picture at the same time? We sure have! Starting at 7 pm and going until 9 pm this Saturday June 6th, head to Art In Mind Creative Wellness Studio in Glenville for “Sunflowers” Sip & Paint Class and paint your very own picture for only $35. The studio is also “BYOB” so feel free to bring your own wine or other favorite alcoholic beverage!
Fitness, Health & Wellness
- Get the kids out of the house on Saturday, June 6th from 10:00am – 3:00pm for H.E.R.O. 5K Family Day!
A lot will be going on at this fun-filled event including the 5K race, a
rock wall provided by the National Guard, K9 dog shows, pony rides and
more! Best of all? This event is FREE. Don’t miss out!
- Participate in the 3rd Annual Daffodil Dash 5K on Saturday June 6th in Halfmoon Town Park! The race starts at 10 am and it costs $25 to register. Support the programs of LifeSong, Inc. while you race and get out and enjoy the lovely spring weather!
- Head to Waterfront Park in Northville to participate in National Trails Day on Saturday, June 6th. Celebrate the natural beauty of our region from 10 am to 8 pm with guided hikes, walking tours, local artisan booths, horse and wagon rides, wildlife demonstrations, and interesting speakers and historians.
- Get involved in Pride Week with the 8th Annual Pride 5K this Sunday, June 7th! The cost for preregistration is $20 and $25 to register the day of. The race starts at 8:00 a.m. at the Albany Corning Preserve at the Boat Launch.So get some exercise while having fun and be a part of Capital Pride 2015!
- Bring the kids to Family Fun Day at Riverside Park in Stillwater this Friday June 5th and/or Saturday June 6th! The event starts at 5 pm Friday night and lasts until 10 pm and will include fireworks and amusement rides as well as live music and a dunking booth. On Saturday, the action will start at 12 pm and include face painting, balloon art, live music, as well as a petting zoo. Don’t miss out on the excitement!
- On Saturday June 6th, the 21st Annual Kids’ Arts Festival will take place in Schenectady outside City Hall! Starting at 12 pm and running until 4 pm, the festival will include live music, wandering street performers, puppets, and more. Also, parking and admission are FREE!
- This Friday June 5th and enjoy some free, live music! Kelly Zullo will be performing at Nanola in Malta starting at 8 pm. You don’t want to miss this!
- You also don’t want to miss out on Fly 92.3’s Summer Jam at SPAC this Saturday June 6th starting at 2 pm! Newly announced, local celebrity Sawyer Fredericks will be one of the several scheduled performers. Get your tickets now if you haven’t already!
- Also on Saturday, June 6th, is the Irish 2000 Summer Fun-raiser. From 12pm to 7pm at the Saratoga County Fairgrounds in Ballston Spa, enjoy live music from The McKrells, Brothers Flynn, Get Up Jack and more. Tickets are $10 at the gate or online. Vendors selling food, crafts and beer will also be there.
There are even more great events and activities happening throughout the Capital Region! Check out the full events list and have a great time this weekend!