Looking for fun things to do in the Capital Region after a long week of work? From parades to concerts, we’ve picked out our favorite things to do in the area this weekend!
Why not get the weekend fun started a little earlier? There are two popular summer concert series kicking off this week in Albany!
- Troy’s Rockin On The River is starting this Wednesday, June 10! Springsteen fans, assemble… this week is featuring The BSTREETBAND with special guest Rich Ortiz from 5:00 P.M. to 8:30 P.M.
- The always popular Alive At Five concert series is also starting this week on Thursday, June 11. This week’s concert will be featuring The Chronicles, a high energy band known for their funk, jazz and soul. Swing by Jennings Landing on your way home after work to enjoy a view of the Hudson River, local vendors and live music!
All Weekend Long
- Have fun for a good cause at the Relay For Life – Halfmoon Carnival that will be taking place on Friday, Saturday and Sunday at the Halfmoon Town Hall. Admission to this carnival is free and 20% of all sales made through rides, games and food will benefit Relay For Life of Southern Saratoga County.
- Take a short drive up to Saratoga for SaratogaArtsFest’s Centennial Celebration. This weekend-long event is offering an arts-filled lineup to commemorate the 100th birthday of the signing of the Saratoga Springs city charter. There will be an eclectic mix of dance, film, visual art and music at an array of venues throughout Saratoga’s downtown. From the meet-and-greet cocktail party with the founder of the Orchard Project to a live jazz quartet performing at Skidmore to a dance exhibit, there is something for everyone!
Friday, June 12
- On Friday evening, celebrate 25 years of GLSEN at their Funky Formal Evening Affaire at The Egg with a bubbly toast, delicious hors d’oeuvres, an open bar and an incredible silent auction. Get your tickets today for this fantastic party!
- Proctor’s Theatre will be hosting their Pink & Brew event on Friday night. Perfect for a night out with the boys, a classic girls night or even a date, this event has something for everyone. From cocktail and craft brew samplings to fitness challenges and massages, you will not want to miss out!
- Wanda the Wonderful will be screened for free in the Davis Auditorium at Skidmore College as part of the John B. Moore Documentary Studies Collaborative. This documentary tells the story of a 1920’s gun slinging wild-woman on her journey to sheep country via the circus, Vaudeville and Hollywood.
Saturday, June 13th
- Tour through some of Schenectady’s most stunning gardens on Saturday morning through the afternoon. The Soroptimist International of Schenectady’s 12th Annual Garden Tour is taking place rain or shine from 10:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. Be sure to get your tickets soon!
- Celebrate Capital Pride at one of the biggest events of the week, the Pride Parade! There will be floats, music, dancing and goodies! In addition to the parade, the Capital Pride Festival kicks off immediately after the parade.
- The 47th Annual Flag Day Parade will be marching down Broadway in Saratoga Springs from 12:00 P.M. to 2:00 P.M. on Saturday. This always popular parade will be honoring Vietnam Veterans and remembering the 50th Anniversary of that conflict.
- Love beer? Head to Saratoga Brewfest after the Flag Day parade! Enjoy three hours of local, regional and national craft brews and live music at the Saratoga County Fairgrounds. A total of 75 breweries will be in attendance with over 250 brews available to taste.
Sunday, June 14
- The 11th Annual Juneteenth Celebration is taking place Sunday afternoon in Washington Park. This celebration serves as a historical milestone commemorating African American Freedom. This family friendly event will include live music, food, giveaways and more!
- If you’re a fan of watching “Dancing With the Stars” on TV every week, take advantage of the opportunity to see your favorite dancers perform live at SPAC!
Still looking for more thinks to do this weekend in the Capital Region? Check out the complete list of all live music shows, activities and events.