The information you are viewing for this event is from 2018.
Please check back for updates.
40th Annual Thanksgiving Food Drive
About the Food Drive
Come one, come all! Enthusiastic individuals like yourself are needed to provide a helping hand and support your neighbors in need.
There are seven volunteer days of the Concern for the Hungry Food Drive. There is no need to sign up to volunteer - just stop the Keane Elementary School during the days/times listed below when you are available to help.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, November 10th
10am to 2pm: Sorting Boy Scout food donations
Wednesday, November 14th
4pm to 7pm: Assembling boxes
Thursday, November 15th
10am to 3pm: Pick up/unload food
Friday, November 16th
9am to 4pm : Sorting food
Saturday, November 17th
10am to 5pm: Packing food baskets
Sunday, November 18th
9am to 6pm: Distributing food baskets
Monday, November 19th
8am to 4pm: Agency pick up/deliveries
Need some help with your Thanksgiving dinner this year? Here's what you need to receive a food basket.
You can apply in person at the St. John the Evangelist School at 806 Union Street (please enter through the parking lot on Eastern Avenue) at the following dates and times:
- Friday, October 26th, 5pm to 8pm
- Saturday, October 27th, 10am to 4pm
- Sunday, October 28th, 1pm to 4pm
The eligibility requirements are:
- Must be a resident of Schenectady County
- Must provide proof of current address (with drivers license, electric or utility bill, etc.)
- Sign-up must be completed in person by one member of each family
- Persons with handicap or disability may send required information with another individual
- If signing up another individual, must have a written letter from that person giving permission to do so, with signature of that person
- Must provide proof of number of people in the family
And, one of the following forms of ID must be presented at sign-up to qualify:
- Medicaid Card
- Food Stamp Card
- Social Security Disability Award Letter
- SSI Award Letter
- HEAP Award Letter
- WIC Card
- Public Assistance Card
- Active Unemployment Card
- Referral letter from a church pastor or community agency (must provide contact information for person writing referral)
Basket Pick Up
If you have qualified for a basket and have signed up as required above you can pick up your food basket at the William C. Keane Elementary School at 1252 Albany Street, Schenectady, NY 12304 on Sunday, November 18th, between 9am and 6pm.
Please enter through the side entrance only; the main entrance will be locked.
If a line forms, please wait patiently to enter the sign-in area. Once at the sign-in booths you will be asked to verify your information and will be given a colored slip to receive your basket. You cannot receive a basket without the appropriate slip. Please listen carefully to instructions given at the sign-in booth.